How to find Novels by Era

JediDad

How to find Novels by Era

Post by JediDad »

I'm past the point of reading every Star Wars novel and comic book that comes out. I want to focus only on those Novels which include major characters from the Original Trilogy. Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Lando, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader etc. I know Mace Windu isn't from the Original Trilogy, but Shatterpoint is one of my favorite novels, so he's in the mix too. Stories related to Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian will also be welcome. I didn't care for Ashoka when she was first introduced "sky-guy" but I loved how her character evolved over the course of the series.

Is there some Star Wars database out there on the interwebs where I can review upcoming novel releases to see what era they are from? Will there ever be additional stories told under the Legends umbrella? Is Thrawn the only original expanded universe character which got grandfathered into the Disney era storytelling?

I gotta say, I miss Talon Karrde, Mara Jade and others from the Zahn novels. I miss the Rogue Squardon series. I hated the Aftermath book, so I never finished that trilogy, and I have no interest in the Alphabet Squadron, the High Republic, or Doctor Aphra.

I know this may sound like a "get off my lawn" rant from a Star Wars fan of a certain age...and maybe that's all it is.

MTFBWY
How we doing? Same as always. That bad huh?
Master Magnus

Re: How to find Novels by Era

Post by Master Magnus »

JediDad wrote: March 13th, 2021, 5:45 pm I'm past the point of reading every Star Wars novel and comic book that comes out. I want to focus only on those Novels which include major characters from the Original Trilogy. Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Lando, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader etc. I know Mace Windu isn't from the Original Trilogy, but Shatterpoint is one of my favorite novels, so he's in the mix too. Stories related to Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian will also be welcome. I didn't care for Ashoka when she was first introduced "sky-guy" but I loved how her character evolved over the course of the series.

Is there some Star Wars database out there on the interwebs where I can review upcoming novel releases to see what era they are from? Will there ever be additional stories told under the Legends umbrella? Is Thrawn the only original expanded universe character which got grandfathered into the Disney era storytelling?

I gotta say, I miss Talon Karrde, Mara Jade and others from the Zahn novels. I miss the Rogue Squardon series. I hated the Aftermath book, so I never finished that trilogy, and I have no interest in the Alphabet Squadron, the High Republic, or Doctor Aphra.

I know this may sound like a "get off my lawn" rant from a Star Wars fan of a certain age...and maybe that's all it is.

MTFBWY
Perhaps this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but Wookieepedia has a list of novels:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_books

A few minor characters have been reentered into canon, but I can't really see any new Legends material happening.

And I agree about Ahsoka. She had a tremendous growth as a character.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

There will be no more 'Legends' novels. Disney don't want this universe to continue. They actually had the series of three novels called 'Sword of the Jedi' which was going to cover Jaina stopped from going to print. I believe that Christie Golden had complete the first two novels from that series.

I miss reading about Gavin Darklighter, Winter and Tycho Celchu. I loved the X-Wing series.

There are rumours that Mara Jade may cross over into the new universe but don't expect to be Luke's love interest.

I no longer buy all the novels.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:08 pm There will be no more 'Legends' novels. Disney don't want this universe to continue. They actually had the series of three novels called 'Sword of the Jedi' which was going to cover Jaina stopped from going to print. I believe that Christie Golden had complete the first two novels from that series.

I miss reading about Gavin Darklighter, Winter and Tycho Celchu. I loved the X-Wing series.

There are rumours that Mara Jade may cross over into the new universe but don't expect to be Luke's love interest.

I no longer buy all the novels.
I bought the first ghastly Aftermath-novel and the first Thrawn novel but that's it.