Animated: The Bad Batch

Master Magnus

Animated: The Bad Batch

Post by Master Magnus »

Lucasfilm and Disney are producing (with Dave Filoni as producer) a new animated series, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, that will feature the group from the last season of The Clone Wars for a release in 2021:
StarWars.com wrote:Today, Disney+ ordered its next animated series from Lucasfilm, Star Wars: The Bad Batch. Fresh off of the critically-acclaimed series finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the Disney+ original series will premiere on the streaming service in 2021.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch — a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill, which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

“Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of Star Wars: The Clone Wars has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series,” said Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+. “While The Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni’s vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch.”

Star Wars: The Bad Batch is executive produced by Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.
StarWars.com
thepepgal

Re: Animated: The Bad Batch

Post by thepepgal »

It makes sense to make another animated series while the restrictions of COVID19 are in place. It is a show that can be work on in isolation. Disney need new material to keep people subscribing and delays to live action causes a need to think of other avenues.

My concern is them using the same timeline so much. How many new stories can you have about the battles?
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: July 13th, 2020, 8:28 pm It makes sense to make another animated series while the restrictions of COVID19 are in place. It is a show that can be work on in isolation. Disney need new material to keep people subscribing and delays to live action causes a need to think of other avenues.

My concern is them using the same timeline so much. How many new stories can you have about the battles?
The show is set in the post-Clone Wars-era so there's plenty to build on there.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I wasn’t blown away by the story arc in season 7 of TCW, but the trailer got me, Fennec Shand and the holo net announcement of Palpy declaring the first galactic empire. Utter chaos in this period...when’s the show scheduled?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: December 10th, 2020, 9:22 pm I wasn’t blown away by the story arc in season 7 of TCW, but the trailer got me, Fennec Shand and the holo net announcement of Palpy declaring the first galactic empire. Utter chaos in this period...when’s the show scheduled?
They've only said during 2021. The animation looks closer to The Clone Wars than Rebels which is a good thing.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Interesting time frame, the transitionary period right after order 66....
I think these guys are gonna end up being the “A Team” of the Galaxy....
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The first episode is to drop on May 4 in the US with the second ep on May 7 then Friday weekly.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars ... miere-date
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The first episode on 4th of may will be 70 minutes long. The OS has release the trailer for the show.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-bad-b ... highlights
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Three episodes in and I'm really liking it this far!
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I watched the first 6 episodes this weekend. The show is nice. Story lines are ok. I feel it is a little dumbed down to be more aimed at kids.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

I'm caught up so far. It seems they are waiting for something, or trying to build up to something, or they don't know what they are going to do. I keep on waiting for the other shoe to drop on any of the many lose ends they got floating around out there.
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change