Star Wars music

thepepgal

Star Wars music

Post by thepepgal »

Do you have a favourite piece of Star Wars music?

Mine is Jedi Rocks from ROTJ. It's a shame it bump Lapti Nek which I also like. Leia's theme is always enjoyable.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
starwarspunk

Re: Star Wars music

Post by starwarspunk »

My absolute favorite is Binary Sunset/the Force theme. It's always played during pivotal moments, and it gets me extremely hyped when I hear it in trailers.

From the PT, I also like Duel of the Fates, The Meadow Picnic, Across the Stars, and Battle of the Heroes

From the OT, Imperial March (duh!), Leia's Theme, Han and Leia, Cantina Theme #1, and that baroque sounding song from Jabba's Palace in ROTJ (heh sorry forgot the name).

I'm also quite fond of a song in TPM when Anakin gets his podracer to work for the first time ("It's working, It's working!!!"). It was also included in Qui-Gon's tone poem during TPM's marketing run in 1999. It's only included on the extended edition of TPM's soundtrack.

All in all, I love John Williams!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

starwarspunk wrote: March 26th, 2017, 2:51 pm I'm also quite fond of a song in TPM when Anakin gets his podracer to work for the first time ("It's working, It's working!!!"). It was also included in Qui-Gon's tone poem during TPM's marketing run in 1999. It's only included on the extended edition of TPM's soundtrack.
Yes, that's one of my favorite pieces as well! Another one is the short piece when Qui-Gon makes the wager with Watto. That was also on the extended edition only.
starwarspunk

Post by starwarspunk »

Master Magnus wrote: March 26th, 2017, 3:09 pm Yes, that's one of my favorite pieces as well! Another one is the short piece when Qui-Gon makes the wager with Watto. That was also on the extended edition only.
If you're talking about the Qui-Gon/Watto wager for the ship, then yes! That song was also part of the Qui-Gon tone poem. Beautiful :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6M8aPJG9_c
Empire21

Post by Empire21 »

TPM music was spot on in my opinion the movie has many flaws but the music was great.
PSN ID: Dave_Emp21
Xbox Live: CowDog9
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Favorite piece of music...

Hard to name just one. There's very little of the John Williams music that I don't like. But, if I were to say, limit it to five...

1. The Imperial March
2. The Force theme
3. Yoda's Theme
4. Han Solo and the Princess
5. A track from the original ESB soundtrack LP that was called "The Heroics of Han and Luke." It's really one of my favorites, but to the best of my knowledge it was only on that two-record LP, and hasn't been released since. I still have the records, but I haven't had a turn table in eons. I miss that track.

Also, I like the Yub Nub song. (Stop laughing. I'm serious.) And Duel of the Fates would easily make it into a top ten list, and only misses the top five because there is so much competition in the Star Wars scores.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 26th, 2017, 9:25 pm Favorite piece of music...

Hard to name just one. There's very little of the John Williams music that I don't like. But, if I were to say, limit it to five...

1. The Imperial March
2. The Force theme
3. Yoda's Theme
4. Han Solo and the Princess
5. A track from the original ESB soundtrack LP that was called "The Heroics of Han and Luke." It's really one of my favorites, but to the best of my knowledge it was only on that two-record LP, and hasn't been released since. I still have the records, but I haven't had a turn table in eons. I miss that track.

Also, I like the Yub Nub song. (Stop laughing. I'm serious.) And Duel of the Fates would easily make it into a top ten list, and only misses the top five because there is so much competition in the Star Wars scores.
ACK! I forgot one: The Asteroid Field! I should listen to the soundtracks more often, obviously.
Lord Tesla
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Yub Nub song is actually called "Ewok Celebration" and I was disappointed that John Williams wrote new music for the Special Editions. I use it for my alert for texts. Jedi Rocks is for my calls.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

thepepgal wrote: March 27th, 2017, 11:32 am Yub Nub song is actually called "Ewok Celebration" and I was disappointed that John Williams wrote new music for the Special Editions. I use it for my alert for texts. Jedi Rocks is for my calls.
Yep, I actually knew it was called "Ewok Cellbration." I just prefer to call it "The Yub Nub Song." I like the goofy thing. Singing it was the only thing the Ewoks did credibly in Jedi. I sing it sometimes. Sang it on election night last year. The Imperial March is my ringtone; text alerts jabber at me in Jawa-ese.
Lord Tesla
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Of more recent ilk, "Jedi Steps" from TFA and "Your Father Would Be Proud" from R1 are my favorites from each movie.
Former member of the EUDF - Dishonorably Discharged
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Kapit wrote: March 28th, 2017, 12:10 pm Of more recent ilk, "Jedi Steps" from TFA and "Your Father Would Be Proud" from R1 are my favorites from each movie.
"The Jedi Steps," taken together with the track "Farewell and the Trip"--pretty much the best thing in The Force Awakens musically speaking. Of course they cover the last four or five minutes of the film, which five minutes are pretty much the closest thing there is to a cherry atop that crap sundae of a film: their appeal, for me, may be purely associational.
Lord Tesla
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

starwarspunk wrote: March 26th, 2017, 4:19 pm
Master Magnus wrote: March 26th, 2017, 3:09 pm Yes, that's one of my favorite pieces as well! Another one is the short piece when Qui-Gon makes the wager with Watto. That was also on the extended edition only.
If you're talking about the Qui-Gon/Watto wager for the ship, then yes! That song was also part of the Qui-Gon tone poem. Beautiful :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6M8aPJG9_c
My bad... or perhaps we're talking about the same piece: I refer to the very short piece when Qui-Gon tells Watto that Watto should front the cash for the entry fee (the beginning of track 25 "Watto’s Deal and Shmi and Qui-Gon Talk" on the Ultimate Edition). So hauntingly beautiful!
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

At the moment, "Rey's Theme" is pretty fricken high on my list...
pee
Darill Cyllem

Post by Darill Cyllem »

^ Yes, I can't stop listening to Rey's theme. Love it.

Throne Room from ANH is probably my all-time favorite.

I love this new thread, as movie scores are very possibly my favorite genre of music.
Maisie21

Post by Maisie21 »

It is a pleasure for me to be here because I am a university student and I am doing post graduation in Music Composition from London College. I am currently working on a project which is related to star war music and I was looking for College Assignment Writer UK to get it complete but I found this thread useful to complete it myself.

Thank you all :)
Darill Cyllem

Post by Darill Cyllem »

Maisie21 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:02 am It is a pleasure for me to be here because I am a university student and I am doing post graduation in Music Composition from London College. I am currently working on a project which is related to star war music and I was looking for College Assignment Writer UK to get it complete but I found this thread useful to complete it myself.

Thank you all :)

Let us know how we can help, Maisie!
DoyleNorman

Post by DoyleNorman »

One key difference between aficionados and snobs with regards to John Williams has to do with the use of borrowed cloth and fashion. Lucas famously intended to apply simplest archival music for Star Wars.
ChrisGreenwalt

Post by ChrisGreenwalt »

I have listened this music and believe me, it is the best one from all the movies that I have watched till yet. I would like to wish creators and composers best of luck.
shawnjasper

Post by shawnjasper »

I think it has a lot of merit to be able to rate a Star Wars score, really. I have only listened one time the album (and seeing the movie) but for me this is a wonderful score. My impression is that The Last Jedi needs a complete edition (or, at least that the FYC album includes enough unreleased material) and that the motif at the end of ‘The Spark’ could have been a whole concert suite…