Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Discuss Episodes 1-3 here.
thepepgal

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Post by thepepgal »

Third of the sequels and the one fans enjoy the most.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
DblDwn

Re: Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Post by DblDwn »

I still say Padme being Mon Mothma would have been a stretch, considering the OT, but better than that whole "died from a broken heart"/"Noooooooooo" BS we were spoon fed instead.
Javen

Post by Javen »

DblDwn wrote: March 26th, 2017, 1:11 am I still say Padme being Mon Mothma would have been a stretch, considering the OT, but better than that whole "died from a broken heart"/"Noooooooooo" BS we were spoon fed instead.
I agree. It was the few things I disliked about EPIII. The broken heart thing made no sense. Just plain dying in child birth would've sufficed.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Actually doctors do acknowledge dying from a broken heart. It usually happens to couples who have had long stable loving relationships and often passes away within a month. The grieving places a strain on the body.

The problem with Padme was, she was depicted as a strong willed personality. So the death weakened her character and made you wonder why she didn't feel the need to be there for her unborn children.
Rollafett

Post by Rollafett »

thepepgal wrote: March 27th, 2017, 10:56 am Actually doctors do acknowledge dying from a broken heart. It usually happens to couples who have had long stable loving relationships and often passes away within a month. The grieving places a strain on the body.
Or a better, more recent example, may be Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. A couple, no, but very clearly, a strong loving relationship where the death of Carrie was far too much for Debbie to deal with.

See? It always comes back to Star Wars, even in real life, sadly.
"All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Rolla, I had thought of Carrie and her Mum, but I was trying to making point to Javen about medical evidence of dying of a broken heart and the majority are couples.
Rollafett

Post by Rollafett »

Well sure, but if you can't find a way to show-horn SW into damned near everything, then you ain't trying hard enough, I say. :)
"All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."