Star Wars Rebels

thepepgal

Star Wars Rebels

Post by thepepgal »

It's airing as we speak. Share your thoughts.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Siamese Sith

Re: Star Wars Rebels

Post by Siamese Sith »

Got a chance to watch the S3 finale while getting ready for Krogenars daughters 4th birthday party, a few quick things, Yay Thrawn Survives! So does Callus...surprisingly. It was cool to see Death Troopers with Thrawn. I need to rewatch the second half as I missed a lot.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

Crap I haven't seen it yet, (season 3 finale) and now my eyes have spoilers. :geek:
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

You should be me. In Oz they are about to air Double Agent Droid in a few hours so I'm 2 eps behind. Thankfully I'm not too concern that I know what happens on Tatooine next week. :)
Empire21

Post by Empire21 »

Didn't think I would like this show but I started to binge watch and I'm hooked.
PSN ID: Dave_Emp21
Xbox Live: CowDog9
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

The Season 2 finale was more epic but the Season 3 finale definitely paves the way for a great season that should connect nicely with Rogue One and perhaps there will be connections to the ST.
Marbleman

Post by Marbleman »

I love the way they handled Thrawn in this show and kept the goodness that made his character an EU favorite (i.e. his cultural art study as a window into the minds of his opponents). I had some issues with the show early on, but it really has grown and the character development is pretty true to Star Wars.
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

I thoroughly enjoyed the finale; but in particular, the scene between Obi Wan and Maul was very interesting. It's all tied in rather nicely so far.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Shrive wrote: March 29th, 2017, 2:23 am I thoroughly enjoyed the finale; but in particular, the scene between Obi Wan and Maul was very interesting. It's all tied in rather nicely so far.
Any guesses at what Bendu might've been referring to when he told Thrawn he could see his defeat, "like many arms surrounding you in a cold embrace"?
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Finally got to see Twin Sins ep. It was ok. I liked the portrayal of Ben as it did remind me of Alec Guiness.

Two things bugged me.

1. Ezra and Chopper were able to stay standing in the sand storm. If the wind is that strong, you would be blown off your feet. I can only presume that Ezra used the force to stay upright. Chopper should have been blown away. The scene doesn't show him using his thrusters and a magnetic lock wouldn't hold on the sand.

2. Maul's death. He can survive being cut in half, then dies to a glancing blow. It's not like Obi Wan slices Maul's head in half. I can only surmise that the swinging action destroys Maul's heart. It's fortunate that most sentient creatures have their hearts in the same spot we do. ;)
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

thepepgal wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 10:29 am Finally got to see Twin Sins ep. It was ok. I liked the portrayal of Ben as it did remind me of Alec Guiness.

Two things bugged me.

1. Ezra and Chopper were able to stay standing in the sand storm. If the wind is that strong, you would be blown off your feet. I can only presume that Ezra used the force to stay upright. Chopper should have been blown away. The scene doesn't show him using his thrusters and a magnetic lock wouldn't hold on the sand.

2. Maul's death. He can survive being cut in half, then dies to a glancing blow. It's not like Obi Wan slices Maul's head in half. I can only surmise that the swinging action destroys Maul's heart. It's fortunate that most sentient creatures have their hearts in the same spot we do. ;)
1. That never occurred to me, I never thought it was a full on Sand Storm, just some strong gusts like when Anakin brought Qui Gon and Padme back to his place.

2. As for Maul's death, it was an artistic decision, at first the brevity of the confrontation bothered me but after a few more viewings I began to appreciate the samurai showdown esque style. Also Maul was a lost sole by the time he finally found Kenobi, he even said it. The one thing that kept him alive was finally in front of him, what would drive him to keep going after Kenobi was dead? He had nothing to look forward to after that and I think that truth finally was realized, he knew his life had no meaning any more.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The trailer for the fourth (and final?) season has been released: YouTube

* Mandalorians (the first arc is called Heroes of Mandalore)
* TIE-Defenders
* Yavin 4
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Bo Katan apparently becomes The Mandalore....as I suspected. The thought just dawned on me how much further will Kanaan go with his family? I mean eventually he's going to reach a point where the Rebellion will conflict with his Jedi teachings....he could possibly say something akin to Qui Gons quote; "I can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you."
If he leaves what will Ezra become? This is one pathway that could bridge Rebels to the ST and explain why we don't see Kanaan and possibly Ezra in the OT.
Vibroblade

Post by Vibroblade »

Very sad to see Rebels end although I suspected this would be the last year.

I've grown quite fond of the characters.

I truly think the series should end with Vader killing Ezra. There are certainly other endings that could be fulfilling but to end with Vader striking down Ezra and Kaanan would be the truest to the character and most powerful ending possible IMHO. That would lead into Rebels perfectly. The Jedi thought extinct " their fire gone out of the universe."

If that happens I will cry ( yes I'm a wimp ) but will applaud the creative team for enhancing the legacy of Vader and having the stones to create a tragic SW story arc that adds to SW incredible legacy.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The fourth season is indeed the last season as per Filoni at Celebration. It's also a short season with 15 episodes.
Vibroblade

Post by Vibroblade »

I missed the announcement that the season would be shortened to 15 episodes. That sucks. I bet they still charge full price on iTunes for the season.

Ratings must be down. I thought Rebels actually had a fairly loyal audience but I haven't been watching the Nielsen numbers recently.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Vibroblade wrote: April 16th, 2017, 9:06 am I missed the announcement that the season would be shortened to 15 episodes. That sucks. I bet they still charge full price on iTunes for the season.

Ratings must be down. I thought Rebels actually had a fairly loyal audience but I haven't been watching the Nielsen numbers recently.
Filoni mentioned it during the panel and its been mentioned in some articles: Variety

Also of note is that Warwick Davis will voice Rukh, Thrawn's Noghri bodyguard and Forest Whitaker will voice Saw Gerrera.
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Vibroblade wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:53 pm I truly think the series should end with Vader killing Ezra. There are certainly other endings that could be fulfilling but to end with Vader striking down Ezra and Kaanan would be the truest to the character and most powerful ending possible IMHO. That would lead into Rebels perfectly. The Jedi thought extinct " their fire gone out of the universe."

If that happens I will cry ( yes I'm a wimp ) but will applaud the creative team for enhancing the legacy of Vader and having the stones to create a tragic SW story arc that adds to SW incredible legacy.
I don't see any way for this show to end without Kanan, Ezra, Rex, and Asohka (for real, this time) being killed off.
Former member of the EUDF - Dishonorably Discharged
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Kapit wrote: April 17th, 2017, 9:37 am
Vibroblade wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:53 pm I truly think the series should end with Vader killing Ezra. There are certainly other endings that could be fulfilling but to end with Vader striking down Ezra and Kaanan would be the truest to the character and most powerful ending possible IMHO. That would lead into Rebels perfectly. The Jedi thought extinct " their fire gone out of the universe."

I don't see any way for this show to end without Kanan, Ezra, Rex, and Asohka (for real, this time) being killed off.
Rex won't be killed off (it's more or less official that he's the bearded guy in ROTJ), but as far as the others go...
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Master Magnus wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:39 am Rex won't be killed off (it's more or less official that he's the bearded guy in ROTJ), but as far as the others go...
Wait, WHAT?! WHEN?! HOW?!?!?!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Kapit wrote: April 17th, 2017, 11:00 am
Master Magnus wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:39 am Rex won't be killed off (it's more or less official that he's the bearded guy in ROTJ), but as far as the others go...
Well, it isn't canon yet, but it has been out there for some time that Filoni considers the bearded older guy (who dons the Scout Trooper uniform) to be non other than Rex (Slashfilm: Captain Rex in Return of the Jedi?). During Celebration, Filoni showed concept art for Rex from Rebels season 4 which showed him donning a gear very similar to the one worn by the strike team: Den of Geek: Star Wars Rebels Boss Dave Filoni Teases Original Trilogy Fate of Captain Rex

Of course, they would need something to stop the clone aging process...
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: April 17th, 2017, 12:33 pm
Kapit wrote: April 17th, 2017, 11:00 am
Well, it isn't canon yet, but it has been out there for some time that Filoni considers the bearded older guy (who dons the Scout Trooper uniform) to be non other than Rex (Slashfilm: Captain Rex in Return of the Jedi?). During Celebration, Filoni showed concept art for Rex from Rebels season 4 which showed him donning a gear very similar to the one worn by the strike team: Den of Geek: Star Wars Rebels Boss Dave Filoni Teases Original Trilogy Fate of Captain Rex

Of course, they would need something to stop the clone aging process...
[/sarcasm]That's it! Mystery solved!
Rex is Snoke![/sarcasm]
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Master Magnus wrote: April 17th, 2017, 12:33 pm Of course, they would need something to stop the clone aging process...
If my math is right, wouldn't that be almost 40 years since his creation, which theoretically would mean he's physically around 80 at that point correct? As nice an idea as it is that seems like a stretch.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Kapit wrote: April 17th, 2017, 3:20 pm
Master Magnus wrote: April 17th, 2017, 12:33 pm Of course, they would need something to stop the clone aging process...
If my math is right, wouldn't that be almost 40 years since his creation, which theoretically would mean he's physically around 80 at that point correct? As nice an idea as it is that seems like a stretch.
Almost, 36 years which would make him about 72 years, but it's not canon yet. Looking forward to see him in season four! :)
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

Now that's a fascinating theory I hadn't heard! I'd certainly get on board for that.

And yes, he might be reasonably old by this point, but there's plenty of in-universe reasons why he could still be quite fit for his age.

As for how Rebels ends... I don't think the ending can be too dark, which in my mind rules out having maybe more than one main character killed off. After all, the series is also viewed by kids.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Season 4 kicked off here in the States yesterday, I enjoyed it. Gonna try and stay as spoiler free as possible....
I found Ezra’s antics just slightly less annoying than Jar Jar.
The sexual tension between Kanan and Hera is over 9000!!!
Gar Saxon’s brother said Palpatine....I don’t think the Emperors name has been mentioned in this series yet, they’ve said “the Emperor” but not Palpatine.
Nice to see Thrawn is still very much a part of the battle with the Rebels.
So what is Vader been up to since his battle against Ashoka???
The Dutchess totally reminded me of a Zentradi battle pod!
Can you imagine if the Empire had macronized Sabines weapon for the Death Star!?! So much for a trench run...
The highlight for me was seeing the return of Bo Katan! Kudo’s To the voice actor, she nailed Bo Katans somber attitude! And I love that she has accepted the Dark Sabre!!!
Dear Dave and Pablo more of Bo Katan Please!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

So, how was the last episodes?
Master Kinnon

Post by Master Kinnon »

Rebels last week! Not unexpected, but sad! Looking forward to seeing what this week will bring!
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

A world between Worlds just expanded the possibilities of the franchise exponentially! I wouldn't call what happened time travel. More like a space/time hub. But the paradox's this could create are scary, and could dilute the significance of all the events of the franchise as a whole in the wrong hands!
I hope it is explained that "hub" was ONLY at that one Jedi Temple!
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Kinnon wrote: February 25th, 2018, 5:08 am Rebels last week! Not unexpected, but sad! Looking forward to seeing what this week will bring!
It's sad that Jedi Night and Dume had more emotional impact than either of the ST films so far.