Star Wars Celebration Orlando, April 13-16, 2017

Javen

Star Wars Celebration Orlando, April 13-16, 2017

Post by Javen »

I'm not going but is anyone else going? http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Home/

Watching the events streamed live on http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star ... by-verizon

Because of the way I work during the day I will have to wait until I get home each day to watch it.
Lord Tesla

Re: Star Wars Celebration Orlando, April 13-16, 2017

Post by Lord Tesla »

Javen wrote: March 26th, 2017, 8:27 am I'm not going but is anyone else going? http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Home/

Watching the events streamed live on http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star ... by-verizon

Because of the way I work during the day I will have to wait until I get home each day to watch it.
Negative. Orlando is outside my travel radius. I can't glue myself to live streams, either. I'll have to catch any news of the events whatever way I can, after the fact. Also, sort of still trying to avoid too many spoilers--I still haven't seen Rogue One yet, for corn's sake. (But I think the few spoilers from that I've had so far have blown the worthwhile bits, even so.)
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Not going. They are streaming the chats like the last one. I got to see most of it live due the time difference and will watch this time also.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

I have gone to every US Celebration since 2002, but this one I will miss.

I had my hotel and plane tickets bought, but then the 4-day passes sold out, so I cancelled everything. We had to wait too long to find out if my boyfriend Sean could get the days off at his new job and if he would even have a place to live this spring. So pissed they sold out, they have never sold out before. Really sad I can't go, but we made the decision to stay in real life and try to pay down the credit card after buying a car recently.

I don't know yet if I will watch the streaming, it may be too painful not being there. Then again, I need to keep my eye open for the Dark Trooper Heads, Horse and Red-G.
Keeping kittens warm since 1998.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I think this year's is gonna be a doozy with VIII, Rebels Season 4, That new game from Aimee Henning (I think that's her name, from Naughty Dog, she worked on the Uncharted franchise) and possibly some news on a new animated series.
Javen

Post by Javen »

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can of it and when I can. Going to be alot about Carrie, I'm sure too.

SS, yes the games and Rebels. I can't wait to see what they've done with Battlefront 2
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I don't get how they can call it Battlfront and Battlfront 2....like the PS2 and XBox games never existed.
Javen

Post by Javen »

Siamese Sith wrote: March 28th, 2017, 7:57 pm I don't get how they can call it Battlfront and Battlfront 2....like the PS2 and XBox games never existed.
I don't know. I thought it was weird too.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I hope the opening panel "40 year anniversary" is gonna have some amazing reveals! Like ohh I don't know, an Obi Wan Kenobi stand alone film directed by Gareth Edwards.....
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

I hope Hasbro will have a few of the celebration exclusive 40th Anniversary Black Series Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilots available through their site after the celebration, the way they did the Kylo and old Obi-Wan figures after--gee, was that just last year's ComicCon? Otherwise, I'm going to have a gaping hole in my set.

I'd also like them to apologize for Rogue One, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Is it me or did Hayden seem a bit nervous and / or uncomfortable up there with Ian, George and Warwick?
And what happened to Wedge, I heard he was coming to Celebration this year, I thought for sure he'd be there with the OT cast. Seeing Liam Neeson and Sam Jackson was nice but where was Ewan Macgreggor? Natalie Portman?
Darth Fool

Post by Darth Fool »

Was there really news of Wedge appearing? That seems unusual as he's always seemed uninterested in Star Wars over the years.

I've been watching the livestream and there seems less panels featured than previous ones. In fact livestream schedules are up on the official site and the official twitter featuring panels that don't appear. Then we had the animated origins panel yesterday minus the artwork and clip that appeared onscreen for attendees. Great for them, but hard to follow at home when you can't see the images they're talking about. Luckily the Bane/Fett clip has since been uploaded by people in attendance.

There's also some clips from a John Knoll panel(alternate ANH clips and bloopers) that would have been good to see in full - although admittedly I don't think that one was ever listed on the livestream schedule.

Hoping things improve for the remainder - or we at least get what's listed.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Denis Lawson is there, as is Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew, John Williams and Ian McDiarmid as all feature in Mark Hamill's facebook pics.
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Mark Hamill's tribute to Carrie was emotional. He misses his twin sister!

Mark said Carrie is looking down at him from the celestial plane and doing this.
Attachments
CarrietoMark
CarrietoMark
carrietributefinger.jpg (252.48 KiB) Viewed 76906 times
Javen

Post by Javen »

It was all good and loved the tribute.
Javen

Post by Javen »

Siamese Sith wrote: April 14th, 2017, 7:46 am Is it me or did Hayden seem a bit nervous and / or uncomfortable up there with Ian, George and Warwick?
And what happened to Wedge, I heard he was coming to Celebration this year, I thought for sure he'd be there with the OT cast. Seeing Liam Neeson and Sam Jackson was nice but where was Ewan Macgreggor? Natalie Portman?
Not sure what happened to Wedge, Ewan may have had prior engagements. As for Natalie, she hates Star Wars. She claims it almost ruined her career.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

So I watched the 40 years panel, TLJ panel, the Forces of Destiny panel, The Rebels panel...was there anything about the Han Solo movie or the other Lucasarts 3rd person game?
Darth Fool

Post by Darth Fool »

^If there was, it wasn't livestreamed.

I've just caught up with everything and overall that was another highly enjoyable Celebration. I hope that after a while they'll upload some of the stuff they didn't show (and a fixed version of the animated origins panel), but there was still plenty of entertaining stuff.
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

It sure was interesting having to watch it online instead of being there...
Attachments
waldo.jpg
waldo.jpg (150.88 KiB) Viewed 76800 times
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Javen wrote: April 14th, 2017, 10:07 pm Not sure what happened to Wedge, Ewan may have had prior engagements. As for Natalie, she hates Star Wars. She claims it almost ruined her career.
Considering Natalie Portman only had a child recently I didn't expect her to be there.

As I mentioned earlier, Denis Lawson aka Wedge was there. Here is a link to Mark Hamill's twitter post of pics of them together as well as Mark catching up with a few others.

https://twitter.com/hamillhimself/statu ... 4490429440
lovelucas

Post by lovelucas »

Siamese Sith wrote: April 14th, 2017, 7:46 am Is it me or did Hayden seem a bit nervous and / or uncomfortable up there with Ian, George and Warwick?
Since he's been attacked, threatened, hated, and all sorts of negative crap came flying his way from some of the people in this same room......can't say anyone would be relaxed under those conditions. But he's never really comfortable in a setting like this - live interviews etc. I did love how George and Ian supported him. I'm hoping this is a new beginning (and hope) for mutual acceptance.
AdamMilne

Post by AdamMilne »

Amazing way of celebration. They deserve this type of celebration and warm welcome by the people.Because Star Wars is the most watched serial of the last season.