Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discuss Episodes 7-9 here.
Siamese Sith

Re: Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: August 31st, 2019, 6:34 am There are now more or less complete plot descriptions of TROS floating around. I'd say that this tweet summon them up: Twitter
I've heard everything I need, and I PRAY TO GOD this is all BS to protect the actual plot.
but I'm afraid it's not.
So Sheev was thrown down a shaft that led to the DSII reactor core, the DSII explodes in extraordinary fashion, and he survives.....GTFOH!!!!!
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

What are they calling it when a Sith corrupts a Kyber Crystal? Bleeding it?
I think I’d like it more if say Sidious’ essence was absorbed by the Kyber Crystal just before it exploded. And shards crashed onto the forest moon of Endor and poisoned the planet and corrupted the Ewoks!
And Dark Side Acolytes scavenged the Endor System for remnants of the Last Sith. They collect shards and they too become corrupted and begin rebuilding the Sith Empire in the unknown regions.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:05 pm What are they calling it when a Sith corrupts a Kyber Crystal? Bleeding it?
I think I’d like it more if say Sidious’ essence was absorbed by the Kyber Crystal just before it exploded. And shards crashed onto the forest moon of Endor and poisoned the planet and corrupted the Ewoks!
And Dark Side Acolytes scavenged the Endor System for remnants of the Last Sith. They collect shards and they too become corrupted and begin rebuilding the Sith Empire in the unknown regions.
Well, time will tell... Ewoks are actually said to be appearing in the movies, though not doing anything.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:28 pm
Siamese Sith wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:05 pm What are they calling it when a Sith corrupts a Kyber Crystal? Bleeding it?
Well, time will tell... Ewoks are actually said to be appearing in the movies, though not doing anything.
Of course they’re in it and not doing anything. Just like everything from the OT.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The rumors are getting increasingly weirder...
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Sand worms, Phallic symbols, resurrections, Fan X convention interventions and reshoots....this seems like a well planned production!
And Rian Johnson talking about finding the essence of Star Wars....shouldn't he have found that PRIOR to TLJ?
Where's Javen, I need a rey of positivity!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm Sand worms, Phallic symbols, resurrections, Fan X convention interventions and reshoots....this seems like a well planned production!
And Rian Johnson talking about finding the essence of Star Wars....shouldn't he have found that PRIOR to TLJ?
Reshoots are normal during large productions. It's rumored that the reshoots that took place was for additional material for the opening scene which directly follows the opening scroll and which is rumored to be a flashback to Endor (shortly after ROTJ).

The resurrection bit is odd, to say the least and not something to have been seen earlier (well, in Legends, Cade Skywalker had that capability IIRC).
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: September 14th, 2019, 12:48 pm
Siamese Sith wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm Sand worms, Phallic symbols, resurrections, Fan X convention interventions and reshoots....this seems like a well planned production!
Reshoots are normal during large productions. It's rumored that the reshoots that took place was for additional material for the opening scene which directly follows the opening scroll and which is rumored to be a flashback to Endor (shortly after ROTJ).

The resurrection bit is odd, to say the least and not something to have been seen earlier (well, in Legends, Cade Skywalker had that capability IIRC).
Reshoots 3 months from release?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: September 17th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Master Magnus wrote: September 14th, 2019, 12:48 pm

Reshoots 3 months from release?
It's fairly common. "Justice League" had reshoots two months before release as did "Deadpool 2". As I mentioned, it appears to be pick-ups and additional photography rather than reshoots.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

With the supposed leaks, the emptiness of a movie that was The Last Jedi is really tangible. If the leaks are accurate, it introduces a whole bunch of stuff that should've been at least hinted at earlier and not come out of the blue in the last movie.
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Master Magnus wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 2:09 pm With the supposed leaks, the emptiness of a movie that was The Last Jedi is really tangible. If the leaks are accurate, it introduces a whole bunch of stuff that should've been at least hinted at earlier and not come out of the blue in the last movie.
This is what happens when there's no plan and they make things up as they go. This is what happens when Disney's more concerned about staying fixed on their schedule, rigid, with no flexibility to allow time for the writing and development of a thought out arc/story. I expect IX to be entertaining, but the trilogy as a whole will finish as a narrative mess.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Denis Lawson is rumored to appear as Wedge Antilles in The Rise of Skywalker: Rebel Force Radio on Twitter
borgmatrix wrote: October 5th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Master Magnus wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 2:09 pm With the supposed leaks, the emptiness of a movie that was The Last Jedi is really tangible. If the leaks are accurate, it introduces a whole bunch of stuff that should've been at least hinted at earlier and not come out of the blue in the last movie.
This is what happens when there's no plan and they make things up as they go. This is what happens when Disney's more concerned about staying fixed on their schedule, rigid, with no flexibility to allow time for the writing and development of a thought out arc/story. I expect IX to be entertaining, but the trilogy as a whole will finish as a narrative mess.
Yes, I agree.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The final trailer. Didn't do anything to me.

https://youtu.be/nlnrOr2STaE
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

Did a lot to me. When both Luke and Leia speak at the end. And dammit if they aren't on Endor! This might give ROTJ a run for it's money with me!!
Keeping kittens warm since 1998.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Master Magnus wrote: October 21st, 2019, 10:09 pm The final trailer. Didn't do anything to me.

I wasn't particularly moved by it any which way, either. What looked like Star Destroyers--or a Star Destroyer--rising out of the water was a millisecond of interest, until I realized that, 1) this is a JJ Abrams flick, and 2) that Enterprise did the same thing in Star Trek: Into Darkness. What are we getting here, The Wrath of Sheev?

Everything else was BTDT, only better the first (and second) time.

And does anybody else hate that stupid little droid with the megaphone head and the go-cart tire body? What's it called D-O--"Damaged Object"?

I'm hopeful that someone, eventually, will get their hands on the franchise who cares about it, and will decanonize this whole flippin' trilogy, and "fix it."

Attention, Disney, I am available.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Loved the new trailer. Lots more questions for what is happening.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I've seen the trailer. It didn't didn't expand too much on what we already seen. Already know we were going to Endor.

I think Rey is climbing the old DS prior to her fight with Kylo. I didn't see Wedge in the Resistance gathering unless he has his back to us in the shot.

I bought my ticket for the movie today. I see it at 12pm on 19.12 (Aus time). :rebel:
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Lord Tesla wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 11:55 am
Master Magnus wrote: October 21st, 2019, 10:09 pm The final trailer. Didn't do anything to me.

I wasn't particularly moved by it any which way, either. What looked like Star Destroyers--or a Star Destroyer--rising out of the water was a millisecond of interest, until I realized that, 1) this is a JJ Abrams flick, and 2) that Enterprise did the same thing in Star Trek: Into Darkness. What are we getting here, The Wrath of Sheev?
Jar Jar usually pulls that trick time and time again to show scale. Just look at the Star Trek reboot movies. Heck, watch the corvette and the trees in the trailer.
Lord Tesla wrote:And does anybody else hate that stupid little droid with the megaphone head and the go-cart tire body? What's it called D-O--"Damaged Object"?
Can't say that I hate it, but I sure don't like its design. I think it looks like a 70's style blow dryer on a wheel myself... And will we really need another droid? We'll see in December...
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 5:01 pm I've seen the trailer. It didn't didn't expand too much on what we already seen. Already know we were going to Endor.
Except it isn't Endor. Well, it's one of Endor's moons (I hope so at least), but it's not the jungle moon from ROTJ. The Official Site has revealed in a news item on the updated Star Tours ride that the wreckage of the second Death Star seen in the final trailer is located on the ocean moon of Kef Bir: StarWars.com

The new Star Wars monopoly game has revealed that the jungle planet seen in the trailer is called Ajan Kloss and is the location of the new Resistance base.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags, I know that the planet Endor is a gas giant. Most of the characters over the years don't say Endor's Moon/s (neither does the OS). I don't even recall any of the moons in the SW universe be given their own name so this is first for Disney (probably so fans know it is a different moon). I have usually taken character who refer to Endor meaning the Endor system. If the DS2 had turned up in any other system I would have been surprised.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 4:55 pm Mags, I know that the planet Endor is a gas giant. Most of the characters over the years don't say Endor's Moon/s (neither does the OS). I don't even recall any of the moons in the SW universe be given their own name so this is first for Disney (probably so fans know it is a different moon). I have usually taken character who refer to Endor meaning the Endor system. If the DS2 had turned up in any other system I would have been surprised.
I'm sorry, Pep! It was a general clarification and wasn't aimed at you.

I also expected the location to be Endor moon from ROTJ, not that the forest Rey runs through and where the DS2 wreckage ended up to be two different moons/planets.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags that's ok but you quoted me which makes it look more like you are aiming the answer to me. I even get a notification.

Disney used a different moon so they could get away from using the ewoks and the criticism from either showing them or not showing them. It also can give LFL more sales from marketing new beings from the new location.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Space horses on the exterior of a Star Destroyer?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: October 28th, 2019, 7:20 am Space horses on the exterior of a Star Destroyer?
Yes... :roll: Hopefully they aren't in space...
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: October 28th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Siamese Sith wrote: October 28th, 2019, 7:20 am Space horses on the exterior of a Star Destroyer?
Yes... :roll: Hopefully they aren't in space...
It looks like they’re on the hull of one of the Star Destroyers that’s breaking out of the Space Iceberg....not sure Space Icebergs have an atmosphere.....I dunno maybe Sheeve has Weyland Yutani in his back pocket. I watched TFA and TLJ with my son yesterday. These movies are not gonna stand the test of time very well!
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Have you guys heard the rumors of how poorly the first test screening went? And the rumor they asked George to help them fix it!
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

So how have Marvel/Disney managed to get everything right with their huge number of movies; but Disney could not get their ducks in a row for Star Wars? What was missing from this picture? Did they have the wrong people in the wrong positions?
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Master Shrive wrote: November 10th, 2019, 7:44 pm
So how have Marvel/Disney managed to get everything right with their huge number of movies; but Disney could not get their ducks in a row for Star Wars? What was missing from this picture? Did they have the wrong people in the wrong positions?
It's only my opinion, but I think Dave Filoni should have been left in charge of Star Wars. A tad inexperienced perhaps, but with the right people...
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

If you’ve watched Rebels you know Grand Admiral Thrawn is Cannon AND he’s more likely alive than Palpatine should be. My question is simple, would you rather have Palpatine as the puppet-master of the ST or Thrawn? I personally think using Thrawn would be a much better choice than Palpatine. It preserves Anakin’s legacy and all fans would know who he was and the buzz would spark the interest of casuals!