Profound Media Questions by Lord Tesla

Movies, books, television, sports, and games.
Lord Tesla

Profound Media Questions by Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

I think the subject gives you the general idea. Feel free to post your own questions, answers, profound or frivolous, as well.

To begin:

Why is it called "The Travel Channel"?

Spooks, Spaceships, and Specious Hypotheses seems more like it: That's all that's on the channel--Or, Phantoms, Flying Saucers and Fringe History, if you're looking for an alternative alliteration.

Or is is that the Greys give the Ghosts rides on their saucers? (They probably don't want to carpool with saps searching ruins for signs of Templars.)

Submitted for your consideration.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Lord Tesla

Re: Profound Media Questions by Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Question Two:

Why would a civilization a million or two million years older (and presumably more advanced) than our own be the least bit interested in us monkeys barely out of the trees on the Third Planet?

I was tooling around the tube this afternoon and caught a couple of minutes of Alien Highway on--where else--The Travel Channel.

Some clown was holding forth. What would technology from a civilization a million years more advanced than our own look like? he asked the gathered acolytes.

My first thought was, of course, how would we ever know? Why would they even be interested?

The implication of the program, which was being shot near Point Magu NAS, was that they were monitoring our military.

Again, why would they bother? A million years more advanced? First, I would assume them pretty much immune to anything we could throw at them. Second, I assume also they have better things to do, and probably more interesting places to be. Third, I'm not even sure we could recognize a civilization a million years more advanced, any more than, say, an Australopithecus would recognize...well, a Swiss Army Knife, shall we say, let alone Switzerland.

One reason they might be interested: historical research, or xeno-anthropological research, for lack of a better word.

But the tenor the program was we were being surveilled, a threat monitored.

I don't think so...
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Master Magnus

Re: Profound Media Questions by Lord Tesla

Post by Master Magnus »

To make a long answer short, no, they wouldn't care about a primitive species such as ours.