What SW are you looking forward the most 2019?

What are you looking forward the most when it comes to Star Wars products in 2019?

Episode IX
20%
The Clone Wars
40%
The Mandalorian
20%
Star Wars: Resistance
No votes
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (game)
No votes
Other (specify)
20%

Total votes: 5

Master Magnus

What SW are you looking forward the most 2019?

Post by Master Magnus »

2019 is going to be a year during which a whole range of Star Wars television series. Not only will Episode IX be released, but there'll be plenty on television including a seventh season of TCW and the new The Mandalorian and video games. What are you looking forward to the most?
thepepgal

Re: What SW are you looking forward the most 2019?

Post by thepepgal »

The Clone Wars are the best out those options. I sadly have no confidence in JJ making a fantastic Ep 9 as he didn't hire me to consult on the films :laugh:
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Surprisingly I'm looking forward to Episode 9, see how this will all pan out and an end to the saga
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

The April SW Celebration in Chicago will be at the top of my SW list for 2019. I suppose maybe the video game, though I don't know anything about it. Not sure that there's much else that has me really excited.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

The Mandalorian is far and away my most anticipated SW property this year! Filoni and Favareu, the budget per episode, and the fact Disney wants to compete with Netflix so this show MUST succeed for D+ to succeed! Next would be TCW, then the Cassian Andor D+ series, then the Game, but it's from EA sooooooo not holding my breathe, and lastly Episode IX.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

The poll says "Star Wars Products," so I'm going with the new 8" Darth Vader Black Series Action Figure from Hasbro.

The TV stuff doesn't grab me; the prospect of E IX fills me with dread...or revulsion, depending on whether I'm feeling optimistic or pessimistic at the time.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 11:22 am The poll says "Star Wars Products," so I'm going with the new 8" Darth Vader Black Series Action Figure from Hasbro.
I'm waiting for the 3.75" vintage Revan.

Just added Kylo Ren in that size, have him standing near "Grandfather":
53580545_721417514919408_6162993927608598528_n.jpg
53580545_721417514919408_6162993927608598528_n.jpg (36.99 KiB) Viewed 48356 times
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

borgmatrix wrote: March 7th, 2019, 2:44 pm
Lord Tesla wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 11:22 am The poll says "Star Wars Products," so I'm going with the new 8" Darth Vader Black Series Action Figure from Hasbro.
I'm waiting for the 3.75" vintage Revan.

Just added Kylo Ren in that size, have him standing near "Grandfather":
53580545_721417514919408_6162993927608598528_n.jpg
I've lost track of the 3.75" line...with one or two exceptions my collection of the short guys trails off just after the releases accompanying Revenge of the Sith. I'm not entirely sure which line is the Vintage (isn't there more than one Hasbro 3.75" line at the moment?), but I think I have that figure in the 6" Black Series.

But, since last I posted, I've heard about a new figure in the SH Figuarts line (From Bandai in Japan), that has gone to the top of my anticipation list:

Yoda.

I think it should be pretty cool. 1:112 scale, excellent articulation (from the limited photos I've seen and the articulation of the other figures in the line), and--it's Yoda! :yoda:
Lord Tesla
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm I'm not entirely sure which line is the Vintage (isn't there more than one Hasbro 3.75" line at the moment?), but I think I have that figure in the 6" Black Series.
It sounds like the line where they re-release past figures. I don't want to pay $80+ for the previous release, so I'm looking forward to grabbing Revan for a regular price.

Yeah, I have the Black Series Revan. He's currently engaged in battle with Jake Skywalker. Yeah, he time-travelled into a future, alternate, sucky galaxy.

I want the 3.75" to add to my collection of Sith Lords/Dark Siders, which currently includes Maul, clone Emperor (Dark Empire), Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire), Tyranus, Vader (pre-Mustafar battle), Kylo Ren, and holographic Emperor. Need a non-hologram Emperor at some point. I have Snoke, too, but only because he came with the BB-8 playset.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

The TV stuff doesn't grab me; the prospect of E IX fills me with dread...or revulsion, depending on whether I'm feeling optimistic or pessimistic at the time.
Absolutely, that is a Star Wars product! :)
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

borgmatrix wrote: March 12th, 2019, 12:48 pm
Lord Tesla wrote: March 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm I'm not entirely sure which line is the Vintage (isn't there more than one Hasbro 3.75" line at the moment?), but I think I have that figure in the 6" Black Series.
It sounds like the line where they re-release past figures. I don't want to pay $80+ for the previous release, so I'm looking forward to grabbing Revan for a regular price.
Sounds like the Archive Series they've launched with the Black Series 6" figures. That's allowed me to pick up Pilot Luke and Boba Fett, which I missed out on before. I can hope they'll eventually do the prototype Fett they did as an exclusive a couple of years back, but there's been no word. ROTS Anakin and some others, though, are pretty much certain, IIRC.
borgmatrix wrote: March 12th, 2019, 12:48 pmYeah, I have the Black Series Revan. He's currently engaged in battle with Jake Skywalker. Yeah, he time-travelled into a future, alternate, sucky galaxy.
:laugh: Yeah, I rummaged around in my bins and confirmed I have him. But having just the one he's likely to remain MIB.

borgmatrix wrote: March 12th, 2019, 12:48 pmI want the 3.75" to add to my collection of Sith Lords/Dark Siders, which currently includes Maul, clone Emperor (Dark Empire), Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire), Tyranus, Vader (pre-Mustafar battle), Kylo Ren, and holographic Emperor. Need a non-hologram Emperor at some point. I have Snoke, too, but only because he came with the BB-8 playset.
I have versions of some of those, but not sure if they're the same ones. They tend to repeat the figures with one tweak or another way too much, which was one thing that helped sour me on the 3.75". Of my course Snoke and Ren are 6" Black Series.

And today I managed a pre-order on the Yoda, due in August. Pretty cool, if he turns out as well as the preview images.
Lord Tesla
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 19th, 2019, 7:34 pm I have versions of some of those, but not sure if they're the same ones. They tend to repeat the figures with one tweak or another way too much, which was one thing that helped sour me on the 3.75". Of my course Snoke and Ren are 6" Black Series.

And today I managed a pre-order on the Yoda, due in August. Pretty cool, if he turns out as well as the preview images.
So, I have my playset with my dark siders on it in my cramped room too close to my bed, and I keep bumping it and knocking figures over. A couple days ago, knocked over Luke again and with the fall this time, the orange/red blade snapped off. I'm so annoyed. I guess I'll be gluing that back on. :cry:

Or is there some good place to buy lightsabers for 3.75" figures?
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

borgmatrix wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:51 am
So, I have my playset with my dark siders on it in my cramped room too close to my bed, and I keep bumping it and knocking figures over.
Same thing happens to me at my desk. Sometimes someone takes a header over the front--usually Luke--or Vader, Luke, the Tusken Raider and Slave Leia take turns knocking each other over like so many articulated dominoes.
borgmatrix wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:51 am A couple days ago, knocked over Luke again and with the fall this time, the orange/red blade snapped off. I'm so annoyed. I guess I'll be gluing that back on. :cry:

Or is there some good place to buy lightsabers for 3.75" figures?
Glue might work. I've got a couple of Gentle Giant Busts that need a little repair work, including a snapped lightsaber, but I've been afraid to try it.

As to places to purchase, that I'm not sure about. Maybe something like that could be found on eBay? If one were to be found with a good rating...

I'd like to find a source for Jedi robes for 6" figures, since most of the Hasbro figures don't include them. I'm thinking of trying to get a Mace Windu, which does come with one, so I can swap it to Qui-Gon Jinn, who does not. I gather there are sources for those out there, too, but I've never tried ordering action figure apparel on-line before.
Lord Tesla
borgmatrix

Post by borgmatrix »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 3:44 am Same thing happens to me at my desk. Sometimes someone takes a header over the front--usually Luke--or Vader, Luke, the Tusken Raider and Slave Leia take turns knocking each other over like so many articulated dominoes.
When I had Revan and Jake on my desk at work, there was one morning I came in to find Jake on his back on the desk. The next two mornings it was Revan lying on the floor. Quite a battle those two were having.

On my shelf at work, I've often knocked my stuffed Batman down, which leads to that domino effect you noted that sends a line of figures down.
Glue might work. I've got a couple of Gentle Giant Busts that need a little repair work, including a snapped lightsaber, but I've been afraid to try it.
I'll try glue at some point. Ah, I'm so irritated about it.
As to places to purchase, that I'm not sure about. Maybe something like that could be found on eBay? If one were to be found with a good rating...
Yeah. Or I suppose buy a cheap figure for the saber.
I'd like to find a source for Jedi robes for 6" figures, since most of the Hasbro figures don't include them. I'm thinking of trying to get a Mace Windu, which does come with one, so I can swap it to Qui-Gon Jinn, who does not. I gather there are sources for those out there, too, but I've never tried ordering action figure apparel on-line before.
I've got a Mace with robes, but in the 3.75 size, which isn't helpful to you.

You do any of the SW Funko Pops?