Live-action: "Star Wars: Andor" ('Rogue One' prequel)

Master Magnus

Live-action: "Star Wars: Andor" ('Rogue One' prequel)

Post by Master Magnus »

Lucasfilm and Disney has announced a new television series for Disney+. It will be a spy thriller starring Diego Luna as Cassian Andor. The Lucasfilm/Disney press release below:
Star Wars.com wrote:Cassian Andor Live-Action Series Announced
Diego Luna returns as the Rogue One hero in a spy thriller for Disney's direct-to-consumer streaming service.

Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for the latest updates.
Source: StarWars.com
Siamese Sith

Re: Unnamed Cassian Andor ('Rogue One' prequel) TV-Series

Post by Siamese Sith »

The time period that the Cassian Andor series takes place is extremely fascinating to me! We could see some SWR cameo's! And work like Spackle for timeline questions.
thepepgal

Re: Unnamed Cassian Andor ('Rogue One' prequel) TV-Series

Post by thepepgal »

Series now has a name of 'Andor'. Production started 3 weeks ago. It will star Diego Luna, Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.

Due for release in 2022.

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lu ... s-revealed
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Re: Live-action: "Star Wars: Andor" ('Rogue One' prequel)

Post by Master Magnus »

YouTube Star Wars: Andor Trailer

Interesting trailer. A few thoughts:

* Appears as if Stellan Skarsgård will play a larger role than I thought

* It's great to see Coruscant, and particularly the Senate, again!

* Had no idea that Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) and Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly) would be characters in the show, but I haven't been keeping close tabs.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

So I finally watched season one. It is a nice series. One to watch for the journey as we all know the destination / fate of the title character.

It was a slow start with the first three episodes laying the foundations. I can't get in Andor and was more interested in Mon Mothma and Luthen storylines.

I like B2EMO as very quirky and one of the very few characters to provide any lightness to the episodes. It needs more light.

I look forward to future seasons to establish the Rebellion more and move away from Andor's back story.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

I'll admit the first 3 episodes were slow. One thing I didn't like, and I'm assuming it was a artistic choice, but it left a bad taste, was the way they handled the "feral" children and the alien language. I mean there wasn't a lot of dialog there, but if you want me to buy into caring about what happens to these kids, maybe have the translation in close captions on the screen like ya did for Jabba the Hutt in EP. VI.
Further episodes were increasingly good and it really hit the mark with the last two episodes for direction and theme. I'm hoping they can keep up the momentum and intrigue for Season 2. :rebel:
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change