Solo: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discuss the non-saga movies here, from Rogue One to Han Solo to other future stand-alone movies.
thepepgal

Solo: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by thepepgal »

Chat about Han's feature. Principal shooting is happening now. Released 2018. WARNiNG this thread will share everything so if you want to see the film with no rumours or spoilers DO NOT READ FURTHER.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Siamese Sith

Re: Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by Siamese Sith »

So what do we know so far? Han's (if that's his name) mentor is a "scoundrel" named Beckett.
Anything else?
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Han is named after the dog (presumably Jedi dog) :lol:

We know it will Han between the ages of 18 to 24, show how he acquired the Falcon (from Lando), and finally how his relationship with Chewie developed.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

thepepgal wrote: March 31st, 2017, 11:37 am Han is named after the dog (presumably Jedi dog) :lol:

We know it will Han between the ages of 18 to 24, show how he acquired the Falcon (from Lando), and finally how his relationship with Chewie developed.
I think we're finally gonna see Lando and Han playing Sabacc (sp?) and that's how Han (not the dog lol) acquires the Falcon. I also think Chewie is gonna be friends with Lando before his life debt to Han.....maybe Han saves Chewie from a deadly altercation that Beckett has something to do with.
Kessel Run....I think there's a better than 50% chance we'll see that.
I think there's about a 30% chance we're gonna meet more Calrissians....Sana Calrissian????
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The back story has been so far that Han won the Falcon in the sabacc game from Lando. Chewie was a slave of the Empire and Han liberated him earning the life debt. Yes GL made those back stories so it would be nice to see them. The questions will Disney rewrite history since the old EU is no longer canon and neither of the events have been mentioned on film before. Disney have supposedly rejected GL's ideas for Ep 7 - 9.

Lando when meeting Han on Cloud City that Han was game going there after what he pulled. Did Han cheat or it is something else? This will finally be explained since Han did say it was awhile ago. This would fit with the time line.
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

I hope that we finally get to see sabaac on-screen.

And hopefully it's not just "Space Texas Hold-Em".
Former member of the EUDF - Dishonorably Discharged
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Be interesting to see how much of the rules of sabacc, that has been documented in the EU, survives to screen. The randomiser and the suspension field that prevents a card changing has always piqued my interest.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

I want to know how they are going to get R2 and C3PO into the film some how
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

That's not hard. In the back ground of a hangar will be the Tantive IV and you will see the droids boarding the ship.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Cassus Fett wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 4:10 pm I want to know how they are going to get R2 and C3PO into the film some how
Easy. Yoda knew Chewbacca. Chewbacca helped get Yoda safely off--hell, how do you spell that, "Kashyyyk"? "Kerchoo"? (All those in favor of changing the name to "Wookinaar" raise your hands.) Seems likely he's part of the rebel network, ab initio. So, Yoda sends a message to Chewbacca through Alderaan. Who you gonna send with the message? Artoo. Threepio tags along, but is too busy bitching about the beastly conditions and nasty element they're dealing with to notice seven+ feet of Wookiee. Or maybe they just wipe his mind (again), when he and Artoo get back. Or maybe Chewie needs to send a message to Yoda, and they send Artoo to pick it up. Works either way.

What's in the message? Maybe it's an update to Obi-Wan on Tatooine. Maybe it's the latest podracing scores. Maybe it's a shopping list "Low on beer and pretzels, I am. Need more. Also toilet paper situation critical is. And bug repellent."

Just trying to think like the Mouse Ear Crowd... :yoda:
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Well, in the last two days this movie has lost Lord and Miller but gained a Ron Howard.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Creative differences cited for losing Lord and Miller. This is code for fights with Kathleen Kennedy.

I've heard the media described Lord and Miller as "risk takers" while Ron Howard as sticking to script.

Jokes floating around is there will now be a character call Opie Wan Kenobi and Han Solo to wear leather jacket, hit jukebox to start songs and favourite saying being "Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy" :lol:

Links to OS Official announcements re change of directors:

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-message- ... -solo-film

http://www.starwars.com/news/ron-howard ... -solo-film
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Sounds like Alden Eirenreich (sp?) is the whistleblower and if what the rumors are saying about Lorde and Miller are true I probably would've also! This kid has the monumental task of playing a younger Han Solo....and he must realize the repercussions if he botches it! His career will be in jeopardy and he doesn't want his film to be the "1 of 3" to fail for Disney/Lucasfilm.
I don't envy this guy's job....
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

To be honest I worry that this ends up as another Ant-Man scenario wherein the final product is wildly mediocre.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

While I think it's good that Ron Howard is onboard, I think this movie is a bad idea. I don't want to see a 'young Han Solo' movie. There's a whole universe to explore, why so afraid of stepping out of familiar grounds a little? Anyway, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Lucasfilm isn't very happy with Ehrenreich's performance and claims that Lucasfilm hired an acting coach: THR: 'Star Wars' Firing Reveals a Disturbance in the Franchise

Take it with a grain of salt.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: June 26th, 2017, 2:10 pm While I think it's good that Ron Howard is onboard, I think this movie is a bad idea. I don't want to see a 'young Han Solo' movie. There's a whole universe to explore, why so afraid of stepping out of familiar grounds a little? Anyway, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Lucasfilm isn't very happy with Ehrenreich's performance and claims that Lucasfilm hired an acting coach: THR: 'Star Wars' Firing Reveals a Disturbance in the Franchise

Take it with a grain of salt.
I too never thought we needed this movie and based on all this info....the acting coach stuff is new to me, I have little hope and even less hype for this movie.
I'm afraid when this movie "bombs" at the BO any hopes of an Obi Wan movie with Ewan MacGreggor will be destroyed.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Acting coaches are common on movie sets but they are usually hire at the beginning of the movie not this far in.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Han Solo composer has been announced as John Powell.

http://www.starwars.com/news/john-powel ... solo-movie

Also Ron Howard has confirmed that Warwick Davis has a part in the movie. He directed him in a scene 30 years after first working with Warwick on Willow.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star- ... 202507717/
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

Clint Howard will have a part in the Han Solo movie

I'm hoping it's a reprisal of his Star Trek TOS character.

thepepgal

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by thepepgal »

The official title for the film has been announced and it's the unimaginative "Solo: A Star Wars Story".

I've changed the thread name to match.

http://www.starwars.com/news/official-n ... m-revealed
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

While I'm not a fan of it, there weren't exactly a lot of options for this one.

Han: A Star Wars Story
Han Solo: A Star Wars Story
You'll Never Guess How He Wins the Falcon: A Star Wars Story
When Hairy Met Solo: A Star Wars Story
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

True but the OS has been referring to it as Solo: A Star Wars Story for months now just with untitled in front of it. That was why I found it disappointing. They should have just announced it months ago.
Kapit

Post by Kapit »

A cup from the Hawkins Theaters chain may have accidentally let slip the first image of Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo.

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-a-star-wa ... irst-look/

It appears to be a drawing or painting, or some terrible Photoshop filter of some sort, so this may not be the best first look...
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

I can't say that the marketing for this movie is overwhelming... Where's the trailer?
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

We are just under 5 months until the release date of Solo and nothing...I’m seeing a bunch of suggested video’s on my YT channel home page saying Disney is bracing for a BO flop.
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

Still no trailer.

If you look on IMDB it's got cast down as Mud Troopers... we seeing a new Stormtrooper that can only be deployed when it's rained?
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Emilia Clarke's character name os Qi'Ra was confirmed as images of new lego sets have been released.

The sets also confirm the following film locations of Kessel (along with Kessel Run), Corellia and Death Star.

Maybe IMDB actors can't say Death Star yet so used Mud Trooper.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: January 6th, 2018, 12:27 pm Emilia Clarke's character name os Qi'Ra was confirmed as images of new lego sets have been released.

The sets also confirm the following film locations of Kessel (along with Kessel Run), Corellia and Death Star.

Maybe IMDB actors can't say Death Star yet so used Mud Trooper.
The Death Star?! :shock: Should be interesting to see how it fits into a Han Solo movie...
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Master Magnus wrote: January 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm The Death Star?! :shock: Should be interesting to see how it fits into a Han Solo movie...
Not sure, especially as Han does call the DS a moon in ANH.
Zapp Brannigan

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

thepepgal wrote: January 8th, 2018, 6:58 am
Master Magnus wrote: January 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm The Death Star?! :shock: Should be interesting to see how it fits into a Han Solo movie...
Not sure, especially as Han does call the DS a moon in ANH.
Considering they held Wedge out of the Battle of Scariff scene for Rogue One because he says "Whoa, look at the size of that thing!" in ANH, I doubt we will see any of the Death Star in the Solo movie. Two things I hope to see: Han rescuing Chewie and going awol from the Academy, and the incident that ends up in Han owing Jabba massive piles of space dough.
Formerly known as Dark Helmet :vader:

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide-mission." :cool: