Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discuss Episodes 7-9 here.
Siamese Sith

Re: Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by Siamese Sith »

Siamese Sith wrote: April 14th, 2019, 4:30 pm I had an epiphany just now that I want to share with you guys!
https://free-swim.blogspot.com/
So celebration has sparked a glimmer of hope in me regarding episode IX.
Like the good ol days I'm gonna share my theory, this is gonna be a rough draft so to speak...
Who is Reys parents
How is she so powerful without ANY formal Jedi Training?
What the F was Snoke's importance?
Is Sheeve in IX
Did Palps actually know Plageuis's ability to cheat death?
What ever happened to Luke's severed hand that was rumored to kick off this trilogy in TFA?

How does this scene answer most of these questions?
Sorry Starwars theory I had that theory first!
https://youtu.be/C_InBIryeSc
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I'm sure everyone's seen the clip of the Mark Hamil interview where he reveals his feelings regarding the end of his contractual obligations in the ST and his "role" in IX....
I wonder id we're reading into the comment too much or if he really is glad to be done with the ST.
I'm also intrigued by John Boyega's comments as of late regarding his feelings about the writing and character development for the ST and his character in particular.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 9:27 am I'm sure everyone's seen the clip of the Mark Hamil interview where he reveals his feelings regarding the end of his contractual obligations in the ST and his "role" in IX....
I wonder id we're reading into the comment too much or if he really is glad to be done with the ST.
I'm also intrigued by John Boyega's comments as of late regarding his feelings about the writing and character development for the ST and his character in particular.
I think Hamill feels that he is done with SW. Although he may have changed his words publicly, I don't its impossible that he wasn't happy with TLJ.

What did John Boyega say?
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Master Magnus wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:07 pm
Siamese Sith wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 9:27 am I'm sure everyone's seen the clip of the Mark Hamil interview where he reveals his feelings regarding the end of his contractual obligations in the ST and his "role" in IX....
I think Hamill feels that he is done with SW. Although he may have changed his words publicly, I don't its impossible that he wasn't happy with TLJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RT_BG-yaso
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: June 24th, 2019, 1:13 pm
Master Magnus wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RT_BG-yaso
Well, we'll just have to wait and see what he'll say. I think that it felt as if his character really went nowhere. When I watched TLJ in theater, I was bummed that he didn't get to sacrifice himself (especially with the bad scenes that followed) as I think the character felt "finished". I like Finn, so I hope Abrams has written him better for TROS than Johnson did for TLJ.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Daisy Ridley has confirmed in USA Today interview that by the end of this film, JJ will have told us who Rey's parents are.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 612188001/
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

StarWars.com has revealed a new stormtrooper design for TROS, the Sith Trooper. Sith? This is getting confusing...

StarWars.com
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

No it's not. The marketing department was running out ideas of what to call the next toy trooper. It just means they are red and probably commanded by a Sith. Just a mixture of praetorian and trooper.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

thepepgal wrote: July 11th, 2019, 4:12 pm No it's not. The marketing department was running out ideas of what to call the next toy trooper. It just means they are red and probably commanded by a Sith. Just a mixture of praetorian and trooper.
This is the one thing that urks me about this franchise....the way new characters are introduced! Doku just shows up in Episode II but was Qui Gon's Master and Yoda's apprentice yet we never heard or saw him in episode I.
Now we have red Sith Troopers....I assume these doods are gonna be badass....where were they during the battle of Endor?
I just hope they're fight style has a little less "so you think you can dance" than the Praetorian guards....
God I'm so jaded!
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: July 11th, 2019, 4:12 pm No it's not. The marketing department was running out ideas of what to call the next toy trooper. It just means they are red and probably commanded by a Sith. Just a mixture of praetorian and trooper.
Interesting hypothesis, but the Sith-moniker can't be explained away that easily. Does this mean that Kylo now is a Sith? That he embraced the philosophy of his grandfather after the death of Snoke? Or is this Palpy's guys?
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags, we hear Palpy's laugh in the teaser so either his presence has completed Kylo's training or Paly's clone is commanding a group of troopers. There is Knight of Ren who could also be leading them. Remember the Sith would never called themselves troopers as they are more egotistical than that.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Of the three I find Palpy's Royal Guards the most intimidating appearance-wise.
Red dudes.jpg
Red dudes.jpg (116.78 KiB) Viewed 86888 times
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

To summarize and paraphrase some POTENTIAL SPOILERS that I've seen floating around, but sounds like bad fanfiction to me...

The red Sith Troopers are indeed Palpatine's. They are part of a force that Palpatine hid away and which also includes Star Destroyers equipped with Death Star like weapons capable of destroying planets. Kylo has gotten a whiff about Palpatine's forces and needs a device to find them, but little does he know that they're part of Palpatine's plans.

As I said, it sounds like bad fanfiction and I think it's difficult to see how they could wrap this up in a single movie without it feeling rushed.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Mags it will be all action. The last two movies have confirmed that character development isn't needed in scripts.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

I'll see your ridiculous fan fiction theory and raise you! Rey is sent back in time and becomes Shmii Skywalker :roll:
So Rey is able to forceflip over a Tie Fighter but can't outrun a few Tusken Raiders???
Or Rey is going to levitate the remains of the Death Star off the Planet....ugghhh God.
130 days till this dumpster fire ends...and there's honestly zero buzz for this movie!
Cassus Fett

Post by Cassus Fett »

People are taking about there is no character development and its all action.
When you look at all the films across the saga the character development is somewhat lacking anyway.

I for one am really looking forward to this one
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The Sizzle reel shown at D23 to be released on the OS on Monday. Fans who have already seen it are buzzing.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Have you guys seen the official poster? Kylo has the high ground! Dark side wins! The end....
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Siamese Sith wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:16 am Have you guys seen the official poster? Kylo has the high ground! Dark side wins! The end....
:laugh: Yes, I think it looks great! I've read complaints that Palpy looks cartoony, but I like it.

The sizzle real that was shown during D23 will be released tomorrow (Monday).
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

StarWars.com has posted the D23 sizzle reel on YouTube: YouTube

Things I liked in particular:
* Luke's voiceover
* The duel on the Death Star wreckage. It harkens back to both the Mustafar and the DSII duel
* The CR-90 corvette and the B-Wings. B-Wings!
* The Star Destroyers. They're ISD-I, the same type as the Devastator in ANH. It could be more a practical matter than pure storytelling as ISD-I's were modelled for Rogue One. They do have a red strip along their hull...
* Palpatine's voiceover. Worth the price of the admission alone even if the movie turns out to be crappy. :laugh:
* Dark Rey of course. She looks... strange. Does Rey turn dark? Is it a vision? Is it a clone? Is she possessed by Sidious?
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The reel is also on the OS. I like the voiceover by Luke and new images of Leia. Questioning why C3PO has red eyes. Maybe he is the one possessed by Sidious.

Dark Rey makes me feel this is a vision as if it did really happen it is a big spoiler for a sizzle reel.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: August 26th, 2019, 12:31 pm The reel is also on the OS. I like the voiceover by Luke and new images of Leia. Questioning why C3PO has red eyes. Maybe he is the one possessed by Sidious.

Dark Rey makes me feel this is a vision as if it did really happen it is a big spoiler for a sizzle reel.
I think a vision is what JJ with his mystery box wants us to think. The more I think of it, I think Rey is a clone. That would add another layer to her vision in the cave on Ahch-To.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Master Magnus wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:35 pm That would add another layer to her vision in the cave on Ahch-To.
Gesundheit.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Saw the D23 teaser-thing.

I was...

Unimpressed.

The snips from earlier episodes only served to remind me that those films were much, much better. (I was also struck by the fact that they were out of order internally and externally.)

Luke's voice-over was like a cold shower for whatever anticipation I had for this film: it reminded me of every stupid, insulting, obnoxious, disgusting--Yes, I thought some of Luke's behavior on Gesundheit Island was disgusting, specifically, his grocery run--thing that twerp said or did cowering on his windswept, cloud shrouded, Porg-befouled (Yes, there's a pun there, intended) island in the last film.

And...

I Liked the Star Destroyers, but, where did they come from? That's more Star Destroyers than Palpatine seemed to have in the entire OT. I think it was just to get us old codgers going.

And I liked the recreation of the Rebel Fleet arriving in the Endor System, but...geez. Don't they have anything else?

And I liked the Voice of Palaptine, but...what else of Palpatine are we going to get? So help me, if it turns out he's been hiding in C-3PO for the last two films, waiting to make his move--remember the red arm!--I am going to be even more pissed than you can possibly imagine.

But, then, there are a couple of problems here--okay, a couple of more problems.

1) There is no way that much wreckage from the Death Star survived. We'd have seen it. So, it's either a standing continuity error, or another edit to...which film? both Death Stars bit the big one over forest moons. They might be able to make the case that the chunk survived from the first Death Star easier than from the Second: It was further away when it popped, and the chunk could have orbited for a while before colliding with Yavin IV.

2) Where's all that water coming from? Don't remember seeing that much water on either the forest moon of Endor or Yavin IV. Sure, we can infer water from the forests, but that kind of growth usually is associated with river systems, not lakes or seas, if memory serves.

Lastly, a few words about Sith-Rey.

Finally, a saber that's made to break in the middle. No more need to vandalized Anakin Skywalker's blade.

What is her nature? Clone, vision, or...incognito? My guess is this is a snip from someone's dream, or someone's trip into a certain cave I know on Dagobah (or equivalent--Gesundheit!--), and not necessarilyRey's. Either that, or it's an imposture, to sidle up to Palpy.
Lord Tesla
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Just one more thing...

VADER BREATHING! It's in there.

What the heck are we supposed to make of that?
Lord Tesla
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Lord Tesla wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:29 pm
Master Magnus wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:35 pm That would add another layer to her vision in the cave on Ahch-To.
Gesundheit.
Well, I don't think there are much in terms in layers to start with, though I can understand the idea behind the vision (but I don't like that scene).
Lord Tesla wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:53 pm Saw the D23 teaser-thing.

I was...

Unimpressed.

The snips from earlier episodes only served to remind me that those films were much, much better. (I was also struck by the fact that they were out of order internally and externally.)
Yes, to quote George Lucas:
George Lucas wrote:“I worked very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships – you know, to make it new,”
The Guardian

I think the ST failed miserably with this. The locations so far have been bland and forgettable. If I'm to be completely frank, I was very happy to see the old ship designs again as I have no faith in the people helming the ST.

Lord Tesla wrote:I Liked the Star Destroyers, but, where did they come from? That's more Star Destroyers than Palpatine seemed to have in the entire OT. I think it was just to get us old codgers going.
I posted the rumors earlier as to where they came from.
Lord Tesla wrote:What is her nature? Clone, vision, or...incognito? My guess is this is a snip from someone's dream, or someone's trip into a certain cave I know on Dagobah (or equivalent--Gesundheit!--), and not necessarilyRey's. Either that, or it's an imposture, to sidle up to Palpy.
Assuming it is from the movie (it looks like CG), I don't think it's a Force cave style vision - Rey has already had one of those. I'm leaning towards Sidious possessing her or that she is a clone. It could also be a vision from Palpatine showing her how powerful she might become. But we'll see.
Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith »

Rey’s a Clone, The Sith Troopers are all Rey Clones, the Swiss army Sabre is impractical, what happened to her Bo staff which was clearly gonna become a light saber? Thanks for the 56 seconds of nostalgia, what happened to killing the past?
November 12th can’t come soon enough!
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I'm not waiting for the Mandalorian in November. I'm not considering on streaming Disney + when in arrives in Oz on 19 Nov. I have already got the day off for this movie on 19 December. Only Mags will be able to beat me assuming Sweden is still releasing on Wed 18 Dec. US still has to wait until the Friday 20 Dec.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

thepepgal wrote: August 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm I'm not waiting for the Mandalorian in November. I'm not considering on streaming Disney + when in arrives in Oz on 19 Nov. I have already got the day off for this movie on 19 December. Only Mags will be able to beat me assuming Sweden is still releasing on Wed 18 Dec. US still has to wait until the Friday 20 Dec.
Yes, it'll be released on December 18th here in Sweden. :)
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

There are now more or less complete plot descriptions of TROS floating around. I'd say that this tweet summon them up: Twitter