Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discuss Episodes 7-9 here.
thepepgal

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Post by thepepgal » October 12th, 2017, 1:11 pm

I now have my ticket for the movie. The count down to 14th Dec (Aussie time) is on: 62 days :w00t: :bb8: :r2: :rebel:
Remember, the Force will be with you always.

Javen

Post by Javen » October 12th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Siamese Sith wrote:
July 6th, 2017, 11:07 am
Master Magnus wrote:
July 6th, 2017, 1:42 am
Siamese Sith wrote:
July 4th, 2017, 5:00 pm
So the "who is Snoke?" Subject is making it's rounds around the interwebs again, and this guy Mike Zeroh is claiming the website comic book.com suggests.....based on a Lego figure that Snoke might be blind and if he is Snoke could be.................Kanaan Jarrus
https://youtu.be/mGrhzr2AS7w

And then there's the quote from FPJr regarding Kanan's enhanced abilities while under Bendu's tutalge...
http://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2017/ ... s-in-the-/
Zeroh isn't a trustworthy source.
I kinda got the impression that he just puts up videos about whatever hits the web regardless of validity and plausibility hoping to get a bulls eye.
I also watch Collider's Jedi Counsel on Thursdays, Dash Star, Stupendous Wave and those two brothers at Star Wars HQ.
What are your feelings on these guys?
Mike Zeroh is as dumb as a box of rocks. He just steals other's speculations is all he does.

Javen

Post by Javen » October 12th, 2017, 5:24 pm

As for the trailer it is the most clever edited and misdirected ladened trailer I've ever seen in my life. Rian is just messing with our heads. Back a few months ago or so, Adam Driver stated he'd like for us not to even get a trailer. I think there are such secrets in this movie it won't get spoiled 'til opening night.

Kylo is for sure going to change sides and go good. Rey, not sure. I doubt she goes dark side. Luke has probably experienced raw power that he's scared of and it just isn't Rey, Kylo or Snoke. Palpatine, yes. Vader, yes, but I'd bet he has learned some things in his quest and alone time. He's not grumpy Luke. He's lost Luke and when he comes back as Snoke stated then the new jedi will rise....including Kylo. Cuse it's gonna take some raw power to defeat Snoke

Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith » October 13th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Snoke is the gateway to the Old Republic....
Rey is the gateway to keep the Saga films going....
The Force is for all time...for all generations

Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus » October 14th, 2017, 7:46 am

Javen wrote:
October 12th, 2017, 5:24 pm
Kylo is for sure going to change sides and go good. Rey, not sure. I doubt she goes dark side.
One reason I think Rey will go dark is that this essentially is the TESB of the sequel trilogy and where things will look bleak at the end. If she indeed turns, then perhaps Rey is saved in IX (possibly by Finn). We do know that she somehow ends up Snoke. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. :)

Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith » October 16th, 2017, 7:39 am

I’d be surprised if this trilogy remains so black and white, Kylo is bad , Rey is good.
I think it’s clear Kylo is struggling with his life choices at this point.
Now if Luke refuses to train Rey that will be the second time she’s been abandoned in her life....I think that will leave scars no one can see.

Darth Bangkok

Post by Darth Bangkok » October 17th, 2017, 3:40 am

Trying to think outside the box here. Luke is going to refuse to finish training Rey because all he can think about is that eventually it will all go wrong. Rey does her runner to confront Kylo just like Luke did to Vader in ESB. Except this time, Rey starts to fall for Kylo's schtick. Partly because Kylo himself is not convinced what he's doing is totally legit, so it makes the conversation less black and white and its more of a discussion where they each start to see the other's point of view. Luke starts to get pissed, because like Yoda before him, he doesn't think Rey is ready to be successful. So he straps on his lightsaber and head out into the frackas himself for the first time in a long time. He's going straight for Snoke. His plan is to wipeout Snoke then commit hari kari just like Obi Wan did in ANH. Jedi are no more. Kylo and Rey are not strong enough to restart the Jedi or the Sith and the galaxy lives happily ever after by the end of Episode IX.

:w00t: