Last Television Show Watched

Movies, books, television, sports, and games.
Master Magnus

Re: Last Television Show Watched

Post by Master Magnus »

Episode 3 of the third season of "Westworld". So far the series has really gone downhill.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Midsomer Murders, 3.1, "Death of a Stranger." Either that one was a little sloppy, or four hours of sleep a day is no longer cutting it. DCI Barnaby was a step ahead of me way too often.
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Doc Martin, 3.3, "Love Thy Neighbor."
Lord Tesla
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Lord Tesla wrote: September 16th, 2020, 11:35 am Doc Martin, 3.3, "Love Thy Neighbor."
Love that show! :)

I'm currently rewatching the X-Files. I haven't rewatched the series since it originally aired in Sweden. Time hasn't been kind. I loved it back then but now I find it very goofy.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Master Magnus wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:00 am
Lord Tesla wrote: September 16th, 2020, 11:35 am Doc Martin, 3.3, "Love Thy Neighbor."
I've really been surprised by how good it is. I kept seeing it advertised in the "Previews" on another disc set I was watching, and tried it on a lark. Now I have the first six series on the shelf, adding an another series (or two) as I finish each one. I've never actually seen any of them during their original run, and I'm not caught up. Yet:

I'm starting Series Four tonight.
Master Magnus wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:00 am I'm currently rewatching the X-Files. I haven't rewatched the series since it originally aired in Sweden. Time hasn't been kind. I loved it back then but now I find it very goofy.
I know the feeling. Back in the day, I missed only one episode, and they were replaying them on FX in those days, so I was able to catch that one fairly quickly. Loved it. A while back--a year, two years?: everything seems to run together in the Corona Apocalypse--I tried to go back over it, and was amazed that I ever watched a second episode. I soldiered on through the first five seasons, but that was as far as I could go.
Lord Tesla
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Lord Tesla wrote: October 20th, 2020, 11:13 am
Master Magnus wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:00 am
I've really been surprised by how good it is. I kept seeing it advertised in the "Previews" on another disc set I was watching, and tried it on a lark. Now I have the first six series on the shelf, adding an another series (or two) as I finish each one. I've never actually seen any of them during their original run, and I'm not caught up. Yet:

I'm starting Series Four tonight.
Well, let the Brits keep the "series" thing. :laugh: The fourth season is pretty solid! :)
Lord Tesla wrote:
Master Magnus wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:00 am I'm currently rewatching the X-Files. I haven't rewatched the series since it originally aired in Sweden. Time hasn't been kind. I loved it back then but now I find it very goofy.
I know the feeling. Back in the day, I missed only one episode, and they were replaying them on FX in those days, so I was able to catch that one fairly quickly. Loved it. A while back--a year, two years?: everything seems to run together in the Corona Apocalypse--I tried to go back over it, and was amazed that I ever watched a second episode. I soldiered on through the first five seasons, but that was as far as I could go.
I'm on the sixth season and I'm surprised how many episodes I've completely forgotten! Perhaps they were worth it... I'm watching X-Files on the Swedish streaming service Viaplay and I was surprised (again :P) that they didn't have that forgettable movie which takes place between the fifth and the sixth season. I watched it in theater back in '98 and I haven't seen it since. I hardly remember it. I remember that it was bland and that it had bees in it, but not much more. Oh, and I remember a scene with Martin Landau in an alley (but not what the scene was about though).

I'm morbidly curious about the latest seasons so I'll keep on toiling.
Jjm3233

Post by Jjm3233 »

Star Trek: Lower Decks - Episodes 4-6. My wife and I are watching it and generally enjoying it.
toVor

Post by toVor »

Who has been watching or has watched DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the show about the time-traveling super heroes?

Season 2, episode 9, "Raiders of the Lost Art"

I loved this episode. The time-travelers show up in 1967 where they encounter George Lucas while still in film school, and inadvertently cause George to give up on his dreams of making movies. Two of the superheroes, who had started on their path after being influenced by Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark respectively, lose their super powers and are defenseless against the bad guys. Only after convincing Lucas to commit to his future are they able to regain their powers and gain the upper hand.

I love this show, and especially this episode!
"Your focus determines your reality." --Qui-Gon Jinn
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." --John Lennon
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

I'm on the third episode of the latest (last?) season of "Better Call Saul".
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

The Owl House
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 1
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Approximately 1/2 of an episode of Doc Martin, 6.5, I think. I nodded off. No reflection on the program: I'd seen it before and it was rather late, and I find it very difficult to say awake for a complete episode of anything these days. Last Monday I was watching Reggie Perrin, and couldn't make it all the way through.
Lord Tesla