What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Movies, books, television, sports, and games.
Maximum7

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Post by Maximum7 »

My scientist is called upon by the New Republic to investigate why the supermassive black hole is more active than usual and sucking in things from a further range. I just need something for the scientist to be studying before he is called away. It has to sound fresh and cool.

I'm trying to look for something that was never researched until the era of the New Republic like kyber crystals weren't until the Empire used them for a superlaser and even then, they had been used in weapons formation in the past. I'm looking for something that presumably hasn't been thought of in the 25,000 years of time where almost everything has already been done.
thepepgal

Re: What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Post by thepepgal »

Welcome to the Senate.

In regards to your question, anything that is cool has probably be written about. If your scientist is being called to investigate a black hole then he would need to be an expert of astronomy. Pick something in that field. It is then something a casual fan could relate to. NASA has been announcing several new discoveries in deep space exploration that you might be able to use.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Lord Tesla

Post by Lord Tesla »

Hello!

How about this for an idea:

The origins of spontaneous graviton bursts from unstable regions of hyperspace associated with neutron stars.

Bear in mind, this is high-grade technobabble--i.e., a conglomeration of buzzwords slapped together right off the top of my head. Feel free to use it if you like. You'll have to fill in any additional details on your own, though.

Good luck with the story!
Lord Tesla
Witty remark, snappy saying or catch phrase forthcoming
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

I love it! Thanks!!!
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

Lord Tesla wrote: March 4th, 2019, 4:48 pm Hello!
I
How about this for an idea:

The origins of spontaneous graviton bursts from unstable regions of hyperspace associated with neutron stars.

Bear in mind, this is high-grade technobabble--i.e., a conglomeration of buzzwords slapped together right off the top of my head. Feel free to use it if you like. You'll have to fill in any additional details on your own, though.

Good luck with the story!
I love it. Thank you so much!!!
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

I loved the graviton idea but neutron stars expell neutrinos so it’s too close to reality.

I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

Maybe he can be teaching astronomy. I know it is very "Indy" but for me if you are requesting a character to investigate the quark star then they should be an expert in the field. An alternate field then I and most of the general public are questioning why he is the expert to call on, in an universe of trillions.
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

I’m going about this all wrong when it comes to asking what idea I want. I’m looking for a science thing that my scientist could study. On Steven Jackson games forum, someone suggested the migration patterns of Purgills. It would have been perfect except for the fact that it might lead someone to Ezra and Thrawn. That story will be told in the future. I want something unique but also a science that my scientist can study as his main work. Not an invention.
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

Someone on writingforums.org knocked some sense into me. The Star Wars galaxy has had 1,000’s of years to develop stuff so all science left to do is theoretical or observational. I’m going to have him study asteroids. Thanks for putting up with me.
Maximum7

Post by Maximum7 »

I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.