Untitled Live-Action Series (2019)

Master Magnus

Untitled Live-Action Series (2019)

Post by Master Magnus » November 12th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Disney's Bob Iger has revealed plans for a Star Wars live-action show to start airing on Disney's new streaming service in 2019: The Hollywood Reporter

Here's hoping that the scripts for Star Wars: Underworld will finally make it to television...

Master Kinnon

Re: Untitled Live-Action Series (2019)

Post by Master Kinnon » February 25th, 2018, 5:15 am

An Underworld series would be awesome. If this is the direction they go in I’d hope for no Force shenanigans.

Siamese Sith

Post by Siamese Sith » February 28th, 2018, 2:29 pm

I'm actually a little pissed with Disney for adding yet another streaming service to the already bloated platform! Netflix just raised their monthly fee, I really don't want to pay for another streaming service to be able to watch this!

Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus » March 8th, 2018, 11:25 am

Jon Favreau will executive produce and write the live-action Star Wars television series that will debut on Disney's own streaming platform according to a press release on StarWars.com:
StarWars.com wrote:Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series
The director of Iron Man and The Jungle Book will helm the series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
StarWars.com

Fortunately, Netflix Europe will still carry Disney's material...

Master Kinnon

Post by Master Kinnon » March 10th, 2018, 4:24 pm

I’m actually looking forward to this, I think he’ll do a really good job with it.

Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus » May 11th, 2018, 8:00 pm

According to Favreau, the series will be set seven years after ROTJ: Polygon

thepepgal

Post by thepepgal » May 12th, 2018, 7:35 pm

A correction has been announced and it is now set 7 years after Battle of Yavin.

Here is a link to the interview with Jon Favreau

https://nerdist.com/jon-favreau-star-wa ... V%20Series
Remember, the Force will be with you always.

Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus » May 13th, 2018, 2:34 pm

thepepgal wrote:
May 12th, 2018, 7:35 pm
A correction has been announced and it is now set 7 years after Battle of Yavin.

Here is a link to the interview with Jon Favreau

https://nerdist.com/jon-favreau-star-wa ... V%20Series
You beat me to it! :)