Live-action: "Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett"

Master Magnus

Live-action: "Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett"

Post by Master Magnus »

StarWars.com has announced a new Star Wars live-action series starring Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett;
StarWars.com wrote:Boba Fett is back. And his story is just beginning.

As teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the season finale of The Mandalorian, the legendary bounty hunter’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett. Jon Favreau, executive producer of The Mandalorian, confirmed today on Good Morning America that the new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.

The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez — who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian, a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy — joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.

Boba Fett made his big-screen debut in 1980’s Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, becoming an instant fan favorite thanks to his visually arresting armor and cool demeanor. Jeremy Bulloch, the original actor inside the armor, passed away last week — but his legacy, including all he brought to Boba Fett, goes on. The Book of Boba Fett will carry that legacy forward.

Season 3 of The Mandalorian will go into production next year.
Source: StarWars.com
Siamese Sith

Re: Live-action: "Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett"

Post by Siamese Sith »

I’m putting all my credits on Grogu choosing the armor and Luke taking him back to Din on Tatooine. If IMDB is to be believed we may get the “reunion” we never got in the ST.
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

I've not seen the show yet due to hubby losing his job and my Disney+ expiring. Will hopefully binge watch it next month after the bills are paid (hubby has just got new job).

The Mouse will definitely want Grogu to choose the armour as they need to return him back to The Mandorlorian next season. They want fans to renew their Disney+ and they want retailers to pay more to put Grogu's image on the goods. I'm sure the toys with Grogu in armour are coming off the production line as we chat. :wink:
Remember, the Force will be with you always.
Master Shrive

Post by Master Shrive »

Well, for those who have seen it all now, what did you think?

I started it last week and finished it today. I got some minor spoilers online because I delayed, but nothing important.
Master Magnus

Post by Master Magnus »

Master Shrive wrote: February 14th, 2022, 12:14 am Well, for those who have seen it all now, what did you think?

I started it last week and finished it today. I got some minor spoilers online because I delayed, but nothing important.
"Like a Bantha". Slow and prodded along.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

I liked the episodes where Boba was living with the Sand People. Also kinda disappointed at the idea that was floated around and never followed up on, at least not yet, "Don't you want to be the guy in charge instead of working for a chump" that was mentioned in one or two episodes. They had a lot of potential but squandered it on flashy cameos and poor story telling. Just because you brought in Cad Bane doesn't mean your ratings will go up. I'm glad they brought in Din, but they really should have left the Grogu reunion for Mando Season 3.
Last edited by Zedekk on February 26th, 2023, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

The show was ok. It flowed reasonably well. Characters were nice but no one really stood out.

Having the main character missing for two eps was poor. Showed the writers had to fill the commissioned eps with 2 from the other series. They were nice but should have started season 3 of Mandorlorian. Hopefully Boba moves off Tatooine in season 2 as I can't see them filling another season if not.

I'll continue to watch but not high on the list.
Zedekk

Post by Zedekk »

Have they announced Season 2 for the Book of Boba Fett? I must have missed that if they did.
Last edited by Zedekk on February 26th, 2023, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
impermanance is the only constant in the universe of change
thepepgal

Post by thepepgal »

No formal announcement regarding the second season but the rumours are abound.

https://www.cbr.com/book-of-boba-fett-s ... star-wars/